As humans, we all have natural oils in our skin that keeps skin healthy, but, like many things, too much is never good. We all have different skin types, but if you’re one of those people who can’t stop their face from constantly shining – in a bad way – because of their oily skin, fear not! You can tell your friends to take off those sunglasses and relax – there are proven remedies to help cut down oily skin.
Here are five proven remedies:
1. Dermatologists can all agree that the most effective way is to cleanse your face twice a day, morning and night. Avoid using harsh soaps and opt instead for gentle cleansers. However, avoid washing your face too often as well – more than three times a day will harm your skin.
2. Speaking of harsh products: don’t use them! Whether it’s harsh makeup or cleansers, avoid them. They will clog your skin and continue to generate excess oil.
3. Honey is not only a delicious sweetener, it has a lot of benefits – such as getting rid of oil on your skin! Apply a thin layer of honey on your face and after 15 minutes or so, wash it off.
4. Another home remedy is to use the assistance of milk to get rid of oily skin that has been clogged over time. Take a small amount of milk and apply on your face for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. What you eat affects the way your skin will be – and there’s always room for improvement. Put more fruits and vegetables in your diet and cut down on processed foods. Your skin will thank you later!
Photo by Kristian Dowling/Getty Images