If you’ve attended a party or celebration recently, chances are they probably played the Wobble Dance there. The Wobble is a hip hop-infused song and dance that has taken over dance floors all over the nation, with people of all ages learning it and doing it at various functions. From birthday parties and weddings to clubs and cruise ships, everyone is playing the sure-fire fun song and dance! The Wobble is a fairly easy dance that you can get in just a few moments of instructions. Even if you aren’t the most coordinated of dancers, you can definitely get the hang of the Wobble Dance. I was at a wedding recently where many of the guests – young and old, men and women – took part in the dance and you could tell everyone was having a blast! Learn the dance and join in the next time it’s playing at a function!
Here’s how to do the Wobble Dance in seven easy steps:
– Jump forward and swing your arms for four beats
– Jump back and swings your arms for four beats
– Roll your arms to the left for four beats
– Roll your arms to the right for four beats
– Step forward with your right foot and then back with your left and march for three beats
– Step forward with your left foot and then back with your right and march for three beats
– Sway side to side for eight beats while turning to your left as you sway
You got it! Now repeat these seven steps while the song is playing and you’ve got yourself a dance!
Here’s a helpful video to help teach you to do the Wobble Dance:
Photo by Rick Diamond/Getty Images for ACM