With summer in full swing, it’s only natural for us singles to long for someone to call our summer love – and hopefully longer! Dating in this day and age can get tricky and tough at times; after all, where are busy guys and gals supposed to find potential love interests? Many of us barely have time to take a lunch break at work much less put in effort to go out there and find a man or woman. Luckily, this is where technology works for us… there’s literally an app for everything – including ones for dating! Get your upcoming profile words ready and give one of these dating apps a shot.
Here are five of the best dating apps out there:
1. HowAboutWe – In a world where “dates” usually entail coffee or drink interviews prior to an actual date, this app puts the fun back into dating by focusing on the first date itself. You can tell a lot about someone based on their first date suggestion and people on the app tend to be a bit more active and adventurous, if you are into that.
2. CoffeeMeetsBagel – If you prefer quality over quantity, you’ll definitely want to try CoffeeMeetsBagel. This app works in collaboration with Facebook to set up friends of friends – so at least you may know a little bit about them. Every day at noon, users get one new potential match and you get to decide whether you will “Like” or “Pass” them.
3. OkCupid – Quite possibly the most popular dating app, they have a great reputation – there are so many quality people who use it, after all. Aside from the app, it is also an online dating site, should you invest more time on it later.
4. Tinder – Arguably the most talked-about app, it is location-based that works in conjunction with Facebook. You have to swipe left or right in order to dismiss or show interest in an individual near you. Many other dating apps have since followed suit with that feature. It has a reputation for being a hookup-heavy app, so be careful if you are looking for more than just a hookup.
5. Match – This app is one of the most established (and oldest known) dating apps, with over 21 million users – which equals loads of potential dates in your pool!
Photo by Dario Cantatore/Getty Images