How often have you found yourself filling a tub of water either to bathe your dog or throw water onto your plants only to find the tub is way too heavy to carry out of the kitchen faucet? Chances are this has happened more than once! In this case, using a garden house attached to a kitchen faucet is a genius! While it sounds like a complicated plumbing situation, it’s actually rather easy and fast to do.
Here’s how to attach a garden hose to a kitchen faucet:
– Get a faucet adapter. It’s a small item that screws onto the faucet and proceeds to convert the end of the faucet to fit a garden hose.
– Unscrew the faucet tip. Be careful to not drop the pieces that are at the tip down the faucet. A good way to ensure this is to put down a towel to catch things that may potentially drop so it doesn’t go down the drain.
– Screw on new faucet adapter. You don’t need any tool other than your own hands in order to tighten it. Just make sure it has a good seal with the faucet.
– Be sure that the hose gasket is in place. Also, make sure the gasket is actually in the hose before attaching it to the faucet… unless you enjoy a nice, wet, soggy mess!
– Screw on the hose. This is the part where the hose screws right into the faucet adapter. Be sure that it is screwed on tightly so it forms a watertight seal.
Here’s a helpful video on how to attach a garden house to the faucet:
(Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)