While summer is dwindling down, it’s still pretty warm in most areas so it’s still the perfect time to indulge in some of your favorite cold and frozen treats. Ice cream sundaes, milkshakes and ice blended coffee drinks are all delicious treats many of us tend to treat ourselves to in warm weather – and they always taste even better with a touch of whipped cream perched atop it! While you can always purchase a can of whipped cream from the store, there’s nothing like making it at home for a fresher (and more delicious!) taste. For those who have never made it before, making homemade whipped cream is actually a lot simpler than one would think, and only takes about a minute to do – literally!
Here’s how to make the perfect whipped cream from home:
– Put your bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 15 minutes or so to get them ice cold and then take it out for use.
– You will need about a pint of heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2-3 tablespoons of table sugar. Add the cream, vanilla and sugar one at a time into the cold bowl.
– Start your beater off slow and then increase the speed slowly until it starts going fast. The whipping process should only take about a minute or so.
– Don’t whip it too much because you will make it butter. You want it to be the consistency of a thick cream, but not too thick.
– Put on top of your favorite dessert like ice cream, milkshakes, and even fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Here’s a helpful video to show how to make the perfect whipped cream:
Photo by Sean Gallup/Getty Images