Every single one of us has been there. We’ve all been down in the dumps. We’ve all felt hopeless. We’ve all felt like all the hard work we’ve put in has been a waste of time and perhaps it’s all been for nothing. It’s at those times we might find our true character. It’s at those times we either strive to keep going or simply give up.
If you’re ever in a rut and life’s got you down just check out some of these amazing quotes that can help pull you through.
Be sure to click “next” for each quote! We thank Nedhardy for these….
1. Tough times never last, but tough people do. – Robert H Schuller
2. The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them. – Unknown
3. Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines. -Leroy Satchel Paige
4. A problem is a chance for you to do your best. – Duke Ellington
5. I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders. – Jewish Proverb
6. If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. – Mary Engelbreit
7. When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better. – Malcolm S Forbes
8. Prosperity is a great teacher; adversity is a greater. Possession pampers the mind; privation trains and strengthens it. – William Hazlitt
9. Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity. – Lou Holtz
10. I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death. – Thomas Paine
11. If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are? – Unknown
12. The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. – Ulysses S. Grant
13. The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity. –Seneca
14. Adversity is a fact of life. It can’t be controlled. What we can control is how we react to it. – Unknown
15. The true test of a person character is how they stand during test of adversity – Unknown
16. The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is. – Charles M Schwab
17. He knows not his own strength who hath not met adversity. – William Samuel Johnson
18. In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive. – Lee Iacocca
19. Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus
20. One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity. – Albert Schweitzer